This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

Front Garden still frozen..................................

Well I almost finished raking the back garden today. It is almost finished. Well not really but as much as I can for now. What I really want to do is plant flowers. Alas, not yet. This is the front garden.
 photo 105_0638_zpsujjczdbg.jpg
I did see that one lone Daffodil is braving the weather and making an appearance.
 photo 105_0632_zpssgk5m9pf.jpg
My wind chimes mainly survived. One broke, one of the beaded ones but all the others survived intact.
 photo 105_0637_zps5lgozkda.jpg
 photo 105_0634_zpsakcol71t.jpg
Well, I do know there is one heck of a lot of work to do out front. I noticed that several shrubs died. I am not sure if I can replace them or not. I suppose I will have to wait until I see what everything looks like once the raking is done. Right now the, what should be grass is all plastered with leaves. the side just looks like a mud patch. As soon as that gets raked I will have to sow seed there. Gosh, I wish I could buy sod. No chance. I do have to finish the front fence though. What a mess it all is.
This guy was up in the tree noshing on something.
 photo a_zpszcappayn.jpg
I liked this shining in the sun
 photo 105_0631_zpseaz3mzpz.jpg
I tried to break up the ice out back again today but that was a no go, my back was hurting from raking. Not a good sign. Tomorrow is supposed to be a bit nicer and sunnier. Maybe I can get some more raking done. I need to rake all the stuff to the curb that I raked up and added to Gerry's pile. The driveway looks terrible and we have an appraiser coming on Friday. We are refinancing the house. Got to get the mortgage down so Gerry can retire. Trying to get everything else paid off for that event. SO that's why funding for my garden will be lean and mean.
This is the back today
 photo 20180424_153654_zpsqbprk4vv.jpg
So close, yet so far away. I did notice that some daffodils are pushing through out there and the Hyacinth's are popping through. Just a few more days and it's going to be 70 degrees. Then we will see everything pop. Then again the beginning of next week more rain and the weatherman said snow. Thats OK it won't settle once the ground has been warmed up. Maybe next week I will have some better pictures.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

The backyard is looking great Janice! You'll get it done! Don't worry, and take care of your back! I hope everything went well with the appraiser! Big Hugs!