This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Saturday, September 2, 2017

September..............

Try to remember the kind of September
When life was slow and oh, so mellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When grass was green and grain was yellow
Try to remember the kind of September
When you were a tender and callow fellow
Try to remember and if you remember
Then follow, follow.

Try to remember when life was so tender
That no one wept except the willow
Try to remember the time of September
When love was an ember about to billow
Try to remember and if you remember
Then follow, follow.

Deep in December It's nice to remember
Although you know the snow will follow
Deep in December It's nice to remember
The fire of September that made us mellow
Deep in December our hearts should remember
And follow, follow, follow...
 photo 101_0053_zpsavjyrqcg.jpg
 photo 101_0020_zpstjavjvze.jpg
Oh what a mess it all is. As soon as August drew to a close the temperatures dropped. That is a relief. The house is cold and I am NOT putting heat on. I am wearing longer pants and leggins though. Its nice after the horrible heat and humidity. I am hoping after Tuesday that I can get outside and begin some clean up. With everything dying back I can see what needs pulling. Especially weeds. If I get that accomplished then I can turn the dirt over.
 photo 101_0052_zpsij2j9rlu.jpg This guy was eating what he is supposed to eat instead of raiding my bird feeders.
 photo 101_0051_zpskavoowfb.jpg
My fish are fat enough but I fed them anyway, there are 3 of them now we don't know what happened to number 4. The black one hardly shows up but I did get a good shot today. So he is doing OK.
 photo 101_0048_zpsebrooona.jpg
 photo 101_0022_zpsvb5vkh7d.jpg
 photo 101_0043_zpsnnzccpyl.jpg
 photo 101_0042_zpsu2y5vr2c.jpg
 photo 101_0040_zpstreluuex.jpg
 photo 101_0036_zpstue2rgub.jpg
I like to grow Chives because I like the flowers, and Garlic Chives are even better. Well at least they are just as pretty, no they are prettier. Oh I don't know but anyway these ones did well in a pot
 photo 101_0031a_zpsfaiwpely.jpg
 photo 101_0031ab_zpsqfxsmp9j.jpg
Still only 4 Zucchini from 3 plants but the flowers are pretty. The plants will soon be done and gone. Certainly not the place for them next year.
 photo 101_0030_zpsd2qie5a8.jpg
 photo 101_0029a_zpsc5dhcyh6.jpg
 photo 101_0029ab_zpsgl1ah5it.jpg
Pretty flowers on the Hosta
 photo 101_0028a_zpsaielfjfy.jpg
Not many berries left on the tree but the Robins and Chickadee are still enjoying what's left.
 photo 101_0026_zpsejrsgjhm.jpg
I usually take pictures of the front of the house. Here is the back
 photo 101_0025_zpszafnq9ez.jpg
This was just a pretty shot
 photo 101_0023_zpsnluhudqk.jpg
Bella Enjoying the sun today out by the pond
 photo 101_0009_zpssoosvsjz.jpg
 photo 101_0008_zpsc0hmvpdz.jpg
I will be bringing these in for the winter.
 photo 101_0010_zpsory67lo0.jpg
along with the Spider plants sitting next to my bird houses.
 photo 101_0050_zpssuysuu3t.jpg
I will soon have to get them all prepared because we have almost had frost this past week. I dread having to do that but it's worth it because of the money it saves come Spring as well as saving a plant that does not need to die back. I will do a post on that when the time comes. Meanwhile I am hoping for a few nice weeks during the Fall to clean up everything.

2 comments:

Magic Love Crow said...

Have fun Janice! I have been doing some cleaning up too! Unfortunately, I did something to my back! Uggg! LOL! It's getting better though! Big Hugs!

Magic Love Crow said...

I forgot to say, great pictures! Love the fish ones and the back of your house!