This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Raining again................................

I am loving the cooler weather, no humidity and much easier to breath. Tomorrow Laura and I are going out for the day. I don't even care if it does rain, I am off out. I should clean the house but oh well..............
 photo 20170905_172239_zpsnobcjfkz.jpg
I will soon have to prepare this and a few other things for coming inside for Winter.
 photo 20170905_172231_zpspoo0ukn4.jpg
 photo 20170905_172153_zps9cypsn6u.jpg
I don't like bringing stuff in but can't see them dying, so, has to be done. I am always wary of what may come in with them. I just wash them off and sit them in the sink but don't spray them.
This Geranium will come inside. I didn't plant it I just set it on the top of the planter. I had success with the other two or 3 I brought inside so this year I will bring them all in.
 photo 20170905_171822_zpsxdriy4fe.jpg
 photo 20170819_124643_zpszbpolpjs.jpg
The ones I had inside did better than the new ones. I suppose the fertilizer helped. Although they all got a good dose of dairy doo.
Some of the summer flowers are making a come back and next year I will buy some of these again and put in the garden.
 photo 20170905_172200_zpsm4xyge8i.jpg
I didn't used to like them but have changed my mind. They are really pretty.
I see that my Mums are popping. I learned to pinch them back in the Spring and again in Summer. That way they stay bushier and don't get stringy or leggy. I am thinking I may try to buy a few more to put in along with some Asters. The Asters I have always get mold and I don't know why.
 photo 20170905_171920_zpsja9euzae.jpg
 photo 20170905_171852_zpsnshyyp6i.jpg
Asters or Michaelmas Daisies are pretty Autumn flowers but get scraggly. I need to find out how to stop them from molding. The leaves get gray and fall off leaving stringy leggy plants.
 photo 20170905_171950_zpsm79istgt.jpg
Maybe not enough sun. I may get a couple of those to fill in some spots as well. Meanwhile a couple of Roses are making a last effort.
 photo 20170905_171854_zpsygcpkzm7.jpg
 photo 20170829_152206_zpsdvlsxqvx.jpg
The rain has helped to bring a second wind to the planter on the deck as well
 photo 20170821_114223a_zpsl3ddievc.jpg
Tomorrow I must go and get bird seeds. The garden is getting very boring. I am ready for birds to come back. We have not had many all summer. I just put away the things I had set out to make a few more wind chimes. I am done for this year I think. It seems like a non summer to be, came and went and is done. Not ready for snow just yet but glad to be done with summer.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Gorgeous pictures Janice! This year, it was like we had no summer. It was weird! Big Hugs!