This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Friday, June 23, 2017

Roses are red..........

The roses are doing well this year. I have never had luck with roses before. I still have a problem with them even now. For some reason the leaves are turning grey splotchy like a fungus, maybe bugs. I will check better tomorrow. Its been so wet, so hot, so humid I am sure that the wetness has something to do with it. This one is one of the two mini roses that Jason gave me a year ago.
 photo 103_2149d_zpsrjsz4ysl.jpg
The other one has buds on.
This one is a knockout rose, its been here for several years and never does much but the plant is getting stronger.
 photo 103_2158k_zps8d7bfrme.jpg
The next one is an old farm rose given to me by my sister in law's father. It smells divine. I had to move it a couple of years ago as it got too shady where it was. It is making a come back.
 photo 103_2156k_zpsui406snv.jpg
This Yellow rose is quite prolific, it would make a good climber, I must prune it back in the Fall. I really must learn some of the names.
 photo 103_2165j_zps9fvzs5n5.jpg
This one is doing really well this year, probably about 5 years old. This year it is really blooming well, in fact I gave Laura 6 roses from that bush.
 photo 20170612_102736_zpsthy6zs49.jpg
 photo 20170615_135606_zpsmuuqe9vo.jpg
I have several other rose bushes, not that you could really call them bushes at this point but it seems my Dairy Doo really did the trick. It has given them a burst of energy and they are all doing well this year. Even the ones not blooming are getting bushier.
This is an old favourite, maybe one or two blooms a year so far but at least still blooming. I believe this was my "Peace" rose.
 photo 103_2128k_zpsotgx3x9m.jpg
The other new one from last year, a small bushy rose.
 photo 103_2133_zpse7zmqmj5.jpg
I have another couple of roses that are not blooming yet so will show those in another blog when they do. This one I put in last year and it seemed to like its spot but this year I am not so sure. When I can get working out there again I think I must try to prop it up and give it some Dairy Doo. The front garden has not had any yet. I had made a good beginning then we got all the rain. I have finally finished with the weeding and thinning so now I can work on details.
 photo 20170j_2a_zpsgtisbpsz.jpg
When I got back from taking pictures this was waiting for me............."come on Mum, get back in here"
 photo 103_2171_zpsj8emqpix.jpg
Every time I get back they want a treat............

2 comments:

Merlesworld said...

Beautiful beautiful roses.
Merle..........

Magic Love Crow said...

I would want a treat too! LOL! Love the roses! Truly beautiful! Big Hugs!