This blog is about my garden and the outdoors. I am new to photography but I am trying to show some of the pretty things that grow here in Michigan. I love the wild things who visit me and I dont mind if they eat a bit here and there. I like it more if they let me take their picture. As time goes on I think I will try to show you around the beautiful area that I live in as well as my garden. I try to use my own pictures as much as possible but will also use pictures from the web. If I inadvertently use your photo or work without permission please email me and I will remove it or give credit if you prefer. I will give credit when I know who the owner is. I would ask that anyone using my pictures do the same.
... I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.......Psalm23:6
If you do not have a blog and wish to comment (I love comments) you can join google and comment via that, It's free

Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Birds are back...............

For today at least, the birds came back. We got a lot of snow the last couple of days. Not terribly cold but apparently they were very hungry. I had made a mix of coconut oil, peanut butter and bird seeds. That seems to go down well.
 photo 103_0276k_zpsg2b1hokx.jpg
 photo 103_0278k_zpsnjwgc8fb.jpg
The Chickadees are never far away, but today all the little ones came in. I filled up twice to be sure no one was left out. Nuthatch came, Mr and Mrs
 photo 103_0280o_zpse2qskfq2.jpg
 photo 103_0306k_zpsyvuj0ygo.jpg
Only the lady Cardinal
 photo 103_0317k_zpsyrsalpui.jpg
Woodpecker, well yellow bellied sap sucker anyway
 photo 103_0344k_zpszj5nkw1s.jpg
The finches.
 photo 103_0373k_zpsajncpxnp.jpg
 photo 103_0307k_zps7fsw7djh.jpg
 photo 103_0305k_zpsvqoovkpz.jpg
 photo 103_0294k_zpsymi5i03n.jpg
 photo 103_0296k_zpsbfmbdtn7.jpg
Then this guy showed up. Everyone hid
 photo 103_0376k_zpsvqdokkdo.jpg
Then the Bluejays came back
 photo 103_0339k_zpsu64fa9jq.jpg
 photo 103_0315k_zps8kqn87s1.jpg
It was time to let the poodles out while the Hawk hung around. Bodi cooled off in the snow bank
 photo 103_0378k_zpsg3ebwmzd.jpg

 photo 103_0379k_zpscyaowbjf.jpg

 photo 103_0380j_zps99nzyxi3.jpg
One more month before its time for hair cuts.
Meanwhile time to review gardening books and catalogues, time for planning. I will also begin to buy daffodils and tulips for the house so they can go in the garden for next year. I think the Hyacinth is the one that makes the house smell so good.

1 comment:

Magic Love Crow said...

Wonderful! I love seeing your bird photos! Tell that hawk to go away! LOL! Bodi is too cute! Big Hugs!